Complete list of all sound effects created so far.
- Foot Damp 1 & 2 (Footsteps on squelchy mud and grass)
- Foot Fast (Fast footsteps on stone)
- Foot Heavy (Heavy footsteps on stone)
- Jump 1 & 2 (Jumping on stone)
- Jump Squelch (Jumping on wet and squelchy mud and grass)
- Light footsteps (Light footsteps)
- Run Jump (Running jump)
- Run Jump Stone (Running jump on stone)
- Standing Jump Stone 1 & 2 (I really don’t need to explain these anymore)
- Walking Stone (I wonder what this sound is of)
- Walk Squelch (Walking on wet and squelchy mud and grass)
- Birdsong 1 & 2
- Kicking Gate
- Kicking Wood
- Kicking Post
- Crashing Boulder
Music for the Game
I’ve used an open source to find two tracks to use in the game, Attraction by Alex Mason and Insight by Lee Rosevere. Insight is calm and slightly creepy, it’s very atmospheric and flat, it’s a good track for an intro. Attraction is a more musical track that uses a lot of strings, it starts of calm and quiet and gets louder and faster as it goes along.
For the first stage of our game I used the Insight track with nature sounds like birdsong, leaves crunching, creaking wood and wind to fit into the first level. The second stage uses the beginning of the Attraction which is slow to start and builds up with violins, I’ve added the nature sounds and looped the track to make it longer. The third stage uses the rest of Attraction, this part is faster and louder, I’ve added the nature sounds and looped the track to make it longer, I’ve also fastened the pace of the track and lowered the overall tone to make it seem more dramatic.
Stage 1 Music